Getting started with the right solution and transforming your idea into a flourishing reality with the help of the right functional model should be on top of your business agenda. This becomes more important when you are launching or running an e-commerce store. And here you need to make a reliable service provider or custom software development company your partner.
With the unexplored nature and scope of an e-commerce business and the supporting hand of the well-experienced team through reliable e-commerce development services, you will get access to a platform wherein you can start and sustain your online store.
Different E-commerce Business Models and Platform Types
Due to the overall affordable price as well as the flexibility of the field of online shopping, the entire world nowadays shops online –right from everyday needs to even luxurious items. If you plan at starting an online store, it is a great time now! Worried about the total investment cost? You can now leave all your worries to professional digital commerce services and launch your online store to sell both locally as well as internationally.
Before starting your online store with the help of trustworthy web app development services, it is imperative for you to choose the right business model that will help in:
- Describing how you aim at making money with the business
- Providing a detailed plan for all the services
- Explaining how you aim at planning to stand out from the competitors
- Understanding the cost and revenue structure on how the company aims at operating in a specific market profitably
When you have a proper understanding of what the specific business model is about, it will help you understand the importance of running a successful business.
The business model will allow professionals to understand the long-term vision of the company. It will also allow them to know the competitive advantage while getting better insights into how the business will be run. A good business model will also lead to significant investment –resulting in future expansion and better cash generation. It is recommended to share your business plan with a professional team of e-commerce developers. The professional team will help you in choosing a proper theme to match the business objectives.
E-commerce Models to Help You Scale Your Business
- Business to Business or B2B: Business to Business (B2B) e-commerce business models involve the process of businesses selling the products or services to other businesses. The respective buyers might or might not be the end-users in all cases. In most cases, they might even go ahead with reselling the products to end consumers. For optimum results, you can hire services from a reliable business-to-business eCommerce development company. A B2B model might take longer for closing transactions. However, the transaction values tend to be higher and more recurring. Raw materials are taken into account for most of the transactions as materials are most commonly sourced from other businesses for a new product. With leading technological advancements, a good number of buying as well as selling will take place online. Therefore, if your e-commerce business is dealing with other businesses, you should come up with a dedicated website for managing everything online.
- Business to Consumer or B2C: An e-commerce store that operates on the B2C business model will be displaying its products or services directly to the end consumers. Such a store will be selling directly to them. As the given model is prevalent, it offers the freedom of experimenting within the model. Products like sports gear, household items, or other day-to-day items are considered as part of the e-commerce business that runs on the B2C model. In comparison to the B2B purchases, the decision-making mechanism for B2C purchases tends to be relatively shorter. If you are following the B2C e-commerce model, then you can transform the existing e-commerce store into a successful online store.
- Buyer to Consumer: In the given business model, individuals will be selling their products without the involvement of any organization. For instance, stores that operate on the given model will have direct contact with the purchaser and the buyer. The given business model is best suited for resellers. This is because they can sell the products and resources to a customer straight away. In most instances, exchanged goods tend to be gadgets, bicycles, automobiles, and others.
- Customer to Business: It is a dedicated business model in which consumers are capable of delivering value to a business instead of the other process. For instance, data sharing, referral programs, and others are common examples of the given business model. Companies can look forward to targeting consumers for prospective business potentials by following the consumer-to-business approach online. It is regarded as similar to the concept of cross-selling. However, an inversion will allow consumers to raise concerns.
Why Leave Brick-and-Mortar Behind and Get Online with Your E-commerce Store?
The global economy is now dominated by e-commerce. It is only growing year after year. The brick-and-mortar stores nowadays do not provide maximum sales –especially since the advent of the pandemic. Therefore, it is essential that all businesses come up with a reliable and successful online marketing strategy.
You can enter the e-commerce market seamlessly with professional help if you wish to launch your online business. Growing online with a reliable service provider can deliver a number of benefits including:
- One-management, centrally-managed system
- 24/7 technical support
- Live selling for all products and services
- Access to the best-in-class online marketing tools
- Top-class e-commerce designs
- Affordability with minimal transaction fees
Understanding e-commerce today
In the modern era, e-commerce is growing at an exponential rate. The annual growth of the e-commerce industry across the globe is estimated to be around 23 percent. Another study report estimated that sales for global e-commerce are predicted to cross the mark of $4 trillion by the time of 2022.
There is immense potential and money involved in the global e-commerce industry. Therefore, it is expected out of retailers to understand the inside-out of being involved in the e-commerce industry. The scope of e-commerce is quite promising.
If you wish to sell your products or services on the internet, it is crucial to consider various factors including website development, platform selection, design, application development, sustainability, scalability, competitors, and so more –all being core parts of the e-commerce development process.
Before you choose the right technology partner, you should be clear about two major factors:
- Target Market: It is a major factor when it comes to planning the development of your e-commerce store. You should analyze the overall nature and scope of the target market with respect to the products and services you are offering. Development of an online site and getting live is a simple step to creating a dedicated online store.
- Business Model: A company can choose to sell offline in a typical brick-and-mortar store or online through a dedicated e-commerce store. At the same time, a business can operate on both platforms in parallel. The decision is expected to be made by keeping several factors in mind like the nature of the products or services you are offering, the respective target markets, the channel that the potential customers utilize the most, the investments & ROI in both the channels and so more.
It is crucial that you are clear about the factors before you go ahead with the e-commerce development process. Once you are assured of the purpose of your e-commerce site for your business, whether or not the target market is suitable for your business, and if you will achieve a higher ROI, the next step is finding the right technology partner for seamless e-commerce development.
How to Get Started with e-Commerce Development?
The development of an e-commerce app or website is quite an overwhelming task. There are several steps involved with the e-commerce development process –starting from effective planning to requirement analysis, frontend & backend development, testing, and deployment. Maintenance of the solution is also an integral part of the success of your e-commerce business.
Some important steps to consider in the e-commerce development process are:
Also referred to as Requirement Engineering, this stage is the process of determining specific user expectations for the development or modification of a new product. In the process of e-commerce development, it is also referred to as requirement capturing or requirement gathering. Requirement analysis features tasks for determining the conditions or needs for meeting a new or modified product. It takes into account any conflicting requirements of different stakeholders, analyzing, documenting, managing, and validating system or software requirements.
Software requirement can be regarded as the ability required by the end-users for solving a problem or achieving some objective. For an e-commerce development project, the core business requirement is that the user will come to the platform and purchase products or services.
E-commerce applications will have a larger scope. The requirement could depend on the nature of the products delivered. On the other hand, functional and business requirements are also required to be considered. Requirement analysis is pivotal to the success of any e-commerce business. The requirements should be measurable, actionable, traceable, and tested as per the needs and specifications of the business. Typically, requirement analysis is known to feature activities like:
- Obtaining requirements
- Analyzing requirements
- Requirement modeling
- Reviews and retrospective
Every platform service provider will offer a dedicated system or platform that is reliable, fast, and SEO-optimized. However, it becomes difficult to come across the right platform for your specific website requirements. Here are some platforms to consider for e-commerce development:
Magento: It is one of the most utilized platforms for e-commerce development. It is on the cloud and is quite fast. Moreover, it comes with additional features like an automatic trigger, email campaign, automatic cross or upsell, and so more. Some of the benefits of this platform are:
- A robust and feature-rich platform
- One-click selling
- SEO optimized
- Highly customizable and scalable
- A large group of users and community
Drupal: It is possible to build a secure and scalable application with this powerful content management system. It offers access to extensive API support and advanced community features. It will also enable business owners to maximize engagement, drive maximum conversions, and grow the brand effectively. Some of its benefits are:
- Strong emphasis of site security
- Support by a dedicated community
- Great for creating complex websites
Sharepoint Storefront: It is possible to deploy comprehensive mechanisms for different types of business models with the built-in analytics of Sharepoint Storefront platform. It also offers large-sized file compatibility along with unlimited functional benefits. If you are in search for a feature-rich and customizable solution, Sharepoint is an ideal platform for you. Here are some of its benefits:
- Extensive functionality
- Integration with Microsoft suites
- Seamless integration with other advanced systems
The user experience of an e-commerce website is a crucial factor when the success of the website is discussed. The UX or User Experience of the website should be smooth and seamless for making any prospect be on the website while converting the same into a loyal customer. When you are designing the frontend of the e-commerce store, here are some factors to consider:
- Designing a secure e-commerce website
- Designing a friction-less e-commerce website
- Coming up with relevant UI for seamless UX
- Designing the right product page of the e-commerce website
- Designing a seamless shopping cart
Once you have the front end in place, you can advance with the real development stage. With the help of the right knowledge of profitable e-commerce development platforms and technologies, you can easily develop your online site. The suggested way of ensuring the same is through hiring a reliable e-commerce development company having in-depth industry knowledge and relevant expertise in the field.
You can think of choosing an open-source platform that is mostly available for free. However, it might not be very user-friendly like that of an e-commerce website.
When you are choosing the platform for eCommerce development that is not open-source, you can achieve a higher degree of customization and expert developers to create an innovative e-commerce store. Before getting into the development process, you are expected to choose the right programing language. Some of the common options are:
#Creating the mCommerce App
The number of mobile users has extensively increased in the past few years. This has created a scope for an extensive market for high-end mobile applications. The e-commerce industry can benefit from the same.
As per a recent study report, it is estimated that m-commerce will depict over 50% of the total e-commerce sphere. This will open up massive opportunities for new players in the e-commerce industry. Some of the important steps involved in the development of a feature-rich, user-friendly m-commerce app are:
- Platform identification
- Consistent in appearance and functionality
- API development
- API integration
Innovations in e-Commerce
The development of a great and successful e-commerce store will not itself guarantee the success of your business venture. New competitors constantly keep entering the market frequently while making it a highly saturated space. Brand loyalty implies retaining customers while also earning and maintaining the same. It can be a tough task for most marketers.
Customer experience turns out to be the only differentiating factor amongst online stores. As a matter of fact, e-commerce giants like Amazon deliver a great customer experience over anything else. Creating the customer experience that is capable of engaging customers, allowing them to interact with the business, and making them believe in the brand can help in ensuring the success of your e-commerce business.
Future of E-commerce
It is time to establish your online store while taking it to new heights with the help of a reliable service provider.
With the ever-increasing number of online users across the world, the scope of e-commerce continues expanding day after day. E-commerce offers its customers the benefits of seasonal sales along with promotional discounts. You can leverage the benefits of the same with cost-effective e-commerce development solutions from industry experts.
A major shift in consumer behavior –one that is going to impact every generation of the modern era, is indeed going to affect the e-commerce industry due to the ongoing pandemic. The e-commerce share of the total retail sales globally has been on a constant rise for the past several years and is expected to continue.
If you have had an e-commerce store for any period of time, you might have experienced the need to fulfill several things at a time. As far as future trends are concerned, you are expected to prioritize effectively. Consider aspects like localization, demand, transition, cross-border shopping, payment options, and others to ensure success. You will also have to assess the related costs for determining whether or not expansion is worthwhile for your brand.